Please read this!
If you are using this shop in another language than English and Spanish, most of what you see is auto-translated. We have done this so that as many people as possible have the shop available in their language; however, this also means that not everything will make sense due to the quality of auto-translations. Only the English version is legally binding. If you don’t understand something, please email us at email@example.com, and we will try to put you in touch with a native speaker. Please also remember that we’re all volunteers.
Since the European Juggling Convention (EJC) is an organization run entirely by volunteers, we cannot provide the rules and conditions in all languages of our prospective customers around the world. We hope we can count on your understanding. If you have trouble reading or understanding the rules or conditions (or the data management policy) and would like assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you. For the management of your data, we comply with the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Da die European Juggling Convention (EJC) ehrenamtlich geführt wird, haben wir leider nicht die Ressourcen, diese Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen (AGB) auf allen Sprachen der möglichen Zielgruppen vorzuhalten. Solltest du Schwierigkeiten haben, diese AGB oder die Datenschutzbestimmungen auf Englisch zu verstehen, bitte wende dich an email@example.com. Wir werden unser Bestes tun, dich zu unterstützen! Im Umgang mit deinen Daten folgen wir den Vorschriften der europäischen Datenschutzgrundverordnung (DSGVO).
Vu que l’EJC (European Juggling Convention) est une organisation gérée par bénévoles, nous ne pouvons pas fournir les règlements et conditions dans toutes les langues de nos éventuels clients autour du monde. On espère pouvoir compter sur votre compréhension. Si vous avez des soucis pour lire ou comprendre les règlements ou conditions (ou la politique de gestion de données) et souhaitez assistance, veuillez contacter firstname.lastname@example.org et nous ferons de notre mieux pour vous aider. Pour la gestion de vos données, nous respectons le Règlement européen sur la protection des données (GDPR).
Dado que la Convención Europea de Malabares (EJC) es una organización organizada por voluntarios, no podemos proporcionar las reglas y condiciones en todos los idiomas de los participantes de todo el mundo. Esperamos contar con su comprensión. Si tienes problemas para leer o comprender las reglas o condiciones (o la política de gestión de datos) y deseas asistencia, comunícate con email@example.com y haremos todo lo posible para ayudarte. Para la gestión de tus datos, cumplimos con el Reglamento Europeo de Protección de Datos (GDPR).
- “agent” means the organisation (which may include us) from whom you have purchased this ticket.
- “event” means the event to be held at the venue in respect of which you have bought this ticket.
- “terms” means these terms and conditions.
- “ticket(s)” means any ticket(s) physical or electronic (as applicable) for you to use to gain access to the event.
- “venue” means the venue where the event is held
- “we” means EJC 2022 and “us” & “our” shall be read accordingly.
- “you” means you as the holder of this ticket and “your” shall be read accordingly.
Relationship between the European Juggling Association (EJA) and the European Juggling Convention (EJC)
The EJA is an international body run entirely by volunteers to promote juggling across Europe, predominantly by supporting EJC organisers to organise their event. The EJA and EJC 2022 are two independent organisations partnering for the benefit of a successful event.
To support the EJC, the EJA provides a shop infrastructure as well as preregistration coordination support. It merely acts as an intermediary facilitating the purchase. All tickets and other items in relation to the EJC 2022 are ultimately issued by the EJC 2022, even where the EJA may have been the intermediary.
The present Terms and Conditions outline those specific to the EJC 2022.
Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions are concerning the event of EJC 2022 Tres Cantos – Madrid, Spain 6.- 14.8.2022 and are in cooperation with other agents and venues involved in the event. You can obtain other Terms and Conditions from the venue or agent by request from us or them. In the event of inconsistency, these Terms and Conditions prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
- Your possession of a ticket constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The event’s entertainment is provided for general and age specific audiences. Adult appropriate displays are supervised accordingly and children under 16 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (18 or over) at all times. Event performances are generally aligned with conventional watershed hours.
- Children and their actions remain the responsibility of the accompanying parent or guardian. Children should not encroach on performers/performances unless indicated as desired by the performer or compere.
- Where necessary, we reserve the right to make alterations to the published event or programme. Artists and billed attractions are subject to change. Our liability for the cancellation, rescheduling or material change to any event is limited to the refund set out below.
- Please contact us in advance of the event if you have any specific access requirements in relation to the event. All requests should be addressed to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
C) Tickets & Goods
- All tickets are personalized and non-transferable.
- If you want to transfer your ticket to another person, please see G) Transfer of tickets. Do not attempt to transfer a ticket without involvement of email@example.com as this might leave parties involved open to fraud.
- Unless explicitly otherwise stated, all purchases through this system will be facilitated by a digital ticket. This ticket will be sent out as soon as possible after payment has been received.
- Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all goods and services purchased will need to be collected at the EJC in Tres Cantos – Madrid, Spain between 6th to 14th August 2022 by showing the QR code provided on their ticket.
- You will need to state a valid email address in order to receive your ticket(s). Each ticket provides a unique QR code and can only be used once. You agree to keep your QR codes safe to avoid fraudulent activity.
- The EJC 2022 reserves the right to accept or reject your order for any reason at any time. It will not do so unreasonably. If the order is rejected but money was paid, you shall be refunded.
- Upon purchase, please check eTickets carefully as mistakes cannot always be rectified after purchase.
- Your ticket may be invalidated if any part of it is removed, altered, defaced or transferred without any prior communication.
- Duplicate tickets may be reissued upon request from the original purchase email address, following additional levels of security clearance.
- If you have obtained a ticket in breach of these terms and/or if you breach any of these terms then it shall be void, and all rights conferred on you or evidenced by such ticket shall be void. If you seek to gain entry to an event using a void ticket we reserve the right to refuse you entry to or eject you from the event and you may be liable to legal action for trespass. Void tickets are non-refundable.
D) Cancellations by you
- All orders can be cancelled until the end of 6th of July 2022. All refunds require manual administration and incur service fees (such as payment gateway charges) for the EJA and EJC, and are therefore subject to an admin fee. See G) Refunds for more details.
- We will not refund any tickets after the date specified in point 18, unless the event is cancelled or rescheduled or there is a material change to the event. A ‘material change’ is a change which, in our opinion, makes the event materially different to the event that any purchaser of a ticket could reasonably expect. A change to the artists performing, schedule during the event, and/or event location change, shall not be deemed a material change.
E) Material changes to the event by us
- If the event is rescheduled or materially changed and you want a refund, you must claim your refund in good time before the rescheduled or materially changed event takes place.
- If an event is cancelled, we will endeavour to refund every person eligible for a refund in line with these Terms and Conditions. In case there is a technical issue (for example, if your payment details have changed) and we cannot contact you (for example, if your email address is not working), you must claim your refund within 3 months from the date of the event. Any tickets remaining unclaimed after this time will be considered generous donations to EJA funds (and will thus benefit future EJCs).
- All orders cancelled within 14 days after purchase (meaning, the date of money received) will be refunded in full without any fees. The refund value is the total value of the purchase (meaning face-value of the ticket, booking fees, etc.).
- All refunds require additional manual administration and incur service fees (such as payment gateway charges) for the EJA and EJC, and are therefore subject to an admin fee. Therefore, all refunds after 14 days from purchase will incur an admin fee of 10 Euro per refund transaction. This money will go towards cost incurred, and any surplus will go towards infrastructure supporting future EJCs. If you want to minimise fees, consider transferring your ticket to someone else (see G) Transfer of tickets).
- Personal arrangements including travel, subsistence and accommodation relating to the event are at your own risk and we shall not be liable for any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure beyond the ticket price and relevant booking fee.
G) Transfer of tickets
- You may not offer your ticket as an incentive or prize in a promotion or competition, or otherwise dispose of this ticket for business or commercial gain.
- If you want to transfer your ticket to someone else, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, adding the person you would like to transfer your ticket to in CC. Give us your name, your order number, and the information (name, birthday, contact info) of the person who should receive your ticket. We will confirm whether it’s a real ticket to the person you are transferring your ticket to, and change the information in the backend once you both confirm the swap.
- We will not transfer any tickets after the end of 23 July 2022. All refunds require manual administration for the EJA and EJC, and are therefore subject to an admin fee. For a ticket transfer, there is an administration fee of 5 Euro.
H) Limitation of Liability
- You agree that we will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including yourself) or property caused (including by us):
- in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by us
- in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence)
- to the extent that any loss or damage results from breach by you of any of these Terms and Conditions.
I) Local Laws and Regulations
- EJC 2022 will be happening in the middle of the city of Tres Cantos – Madrid and due the event’s unique location, you will be requested to respect and follow local laws and regulations. In case of neglect, local authorities will be contacted to deal with the situation accordingly.
- You are required to follow all local Covid-19 regulations to secure the health and safety of the event. We will endeavor to inform you of all relevant regulations; however, by attending the event you commit to informing yourself sufficiently and indemnify us of any liability that may arise from a lack of knowledge on your side.
J) Access, Security and Eviction
- You must keep your EJC 2022 wristband on at all times during the event.
- We reserve the right to refuse you entry to and/or eject you from the event and/or venue in reasonable circumstances including without limitation for health and safety or licensing reasons; if you behave in a manner which has or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other persons at the event; if you use threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms; if you are found in possession of any prohibited item or substance; if in our reasonable opinion you are acting under the influence of excess alcohol intake or drugs; if you fail, when required, to produce proof of identity or age; if you breach these terms; or if your ticket is void.
- In any reasonable circumstances where risks to our crew, volunteers and/or customers are believed present by us, we reserve the right to conduct security searches, and to refuse admission to you, or eject you, from the event and/or venue should you refuse to comply with such security searches. No refunds will be given to you if you are refused entry or ejected due to your own behaviour or that of a child you are responsible for.
- You must comply with any and all instructions given to you by us, venue and/or event staff and stewards, in all situations where we require additional instruction or control, to ensure safety and dignity in all situations for all people.
- We may prosecute you if you cause damage to the venue, the venue infrastructure, or cause harm to any other person at the event and/or venue.
- If before or during the event you have a complaint in relation to the event (including without limitation in relation to your ability to view the event), please contact us or a steward promptly since complaints are very difficult to deal with after the event.
- The European Juggling Convention 2022 is produced for the enjoyment of all persons who attend. The license is granted under strict conditions of public safety, prevention of disorder and prevention of public nuisance. Any person who disrupts the festival under any of the below sections will leave themselves liable for eviction from site. The decision as to the eviction will be at the discretion of the Security Co-ordinator following advice from European Juggling Convention 2022 security staff. Persons will be liable for eviction under the following circumstances:
- Entering or being onsite without a ticket or relevant pass/ wristband
- Unacceptable or disruptive behaviour, including but not limited to:
- illegal activity
- breaching the terms and conditions of entry
- offensive behaviour
- throwing hard objects at people with the intent of causing bodily harm
- encouraging others to behave badly by incitement
- preventing our security or emergency services reacting to a situation
- throwing gas canisters onto fires
- building or fuelling large bonfires
- committing a criminal offense but not arrested by the police
- in possession of unlawful drugs
- unofficially selling alcohol, tobacco, counterfeit or any unauthorized goods
- any other behaviour that leaves the Festival Director open to prosecution or is not conducive to maintaining a safe event
- Having been arrested or cautioned in connection with a criminal offense, pending or post hand over to the police
- All evictees will be evicted with cutting the wristband off them and if necessary, will be removed from the festival area with the help of local authority. European Juggling Convention 2022 will not be responsible for ensuring that they leave the site with their belongings.
- If there are any incidents at the event the EJC 2022 organizers will pass on all details to future EJC organizers.
K) Food and Drink
- Food and drinks will be available for purchase at the event.
- During the event, you can buy food or drinks at the different bars & restaurants.
- Food and drink bought from outside the festival will only be allowed in certain areas (such as the camping area). This is to honour obligations to of the EJC to site providers.
- We reserve the right to confiscate any item, which in our reasonable opinion may cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event, or is one of the items not permitted in the venue as listed on the event website. Without limitation, the following may not be brought into the venue: animals except for pets agreed with us in advance; professional pyrotechnics or any fireworks; distress flares & flares; smoke bombs; laser pens; items which may be regarded as weapons; illegal substances; legal highs (inc. nitrous oxide).
L) Audio, Visual or Audio-Visual Recordings
- You shall not use equipment for recording or transmitting (by digital or any other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data inside any venue or at any event, for any personal or financial gain, or without the written permission of the subject, or in breach of any other copyright or external usage restrictions beyond our control or awareness.
- We will not be liable should there be any legal action taken against you for breach of any restricted use of audio, visual or audio-visual recording or transmission from any venue or the event.
- You shall indemnify us should any liability arise from any recording or transmitting (by digital or any other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data from inside any venue or at any event.
- By attending the event, you give your express consent to your actual or simulated likeness to be included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audio-visual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world. This includes filming by the police or security which may be carried out for the security of customers or the prevention of crime.
- You know yourself and your situation best. Please take care of your wellbeing during the event.
- You are your own responsibility, any known medical conditions or requirements may not be met by our first aid team. You are strongly advised to bring all required emergency medical supplies and information you know you may need to avoid serious injury or death, this is inclusive of but not exclusive to conditions such as anaphylaxis, other allergic reactions, osteoporosis, physical or mental ailments or impairments, existing infections, dependency on medication; you shall make contact with us in advance and discuss your personal requirements so we can advise you if we are able or unable to support your needs.
- Warning – Excessive exposure to loud music and looking directly at strong lights may cause damage to your hearing and sight. Please note that pyrotechnics, lasers, smoke machines, strobe lighting or other special effects may take place during some performances.
If any questions remain, please consult the questions page, the FAQ section of the EJC’s website, contact the EJC at email@example.com, or in case of technical issues contact the EJA at firstname.lastname@example.org.