Since the European Juggling Convention (EJC) is an organization run entirely by volunteers, we cannot provide the rules and conditions in all languages of our prospective customers around the world. We hope we can count on your understanding. If you have trouble reading or understanding the rules or conditions (or the data management policy) and would like assistance, please contact email@example.com and we will do our best to assist you. For the management of your data, we comply with the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Da die European Juggling Convention (EJC) ehrenamtlich geführt wird, haben wir leider nicht die Ressourcen, diese Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen (AGB) auf allen Sprachen der möglichen Zielgruppen vorzuhalten. Solltest du Schwierigkeiten haben, diese AGB oder die Datenschutzbestimmungen auf Englisch zu verstehen, bitte wende dich an firstname.lastname@example.org. Wir werden unser Bestes tun, dich zu unterstützen! Im Umgang mit deinen Daten folgen wir den Vorschriften der europäischen Datenschutzgrundverordnung (DSGVO).
Vu que l’EJC (European Juggling Convention) est une organisation gérée par bénévoles, nous ne pouvons pas fournir les règlements et conditions dans toutes les langues de nos éventuels clients autour du monde. On espère pouvoir compter sur votre compréhension. Si vous avez des soucis pour lire ou comprendre les règlements ou conditions (ou la politique de gestion de données) et souhaitez assistance, veuillez contacter email@example.com et nous ferons de notre mieux pour vous aider. Pour la gestion de vos données, nous respectons le Règlement européen sur la protection des données (GDPR).
Dado que la Convención Europea de Malabares (EJC) es una organización organizada por voluntarios, no podemos proporcionar las reglas y condiciones en todos los idiomas de los participantes de todo el mundo. Esperamos contar con su comprensión. Si tienes problemas para leer o comprender las reglas o condiciones (o la política de gestión de datos) y deseas asistencia, comunícate con firstname.lastname@example.org y haremos todo lo posible para ayudarte. Para la gestión de tus datos, cumplimos con el Reglamento Europeo de Protección de Datos (GDPR).
- “agent” means the organisation (which may include us) from whom you have purchased this ticket.
- “event” means the event to be held at the venue in respect of which you have bought this ticket.
- “terms” means these terms and conditions.
- “ticket(s)” means any ticket(s) physical or electronic (as applicable) for you to use to gain access to the event.
- “venue” means the venue where the event is held
- “we” means EJC 2021 and “us” & “our” shall be read accordingly.
- “you” means you as the holder of this ticket and “your” shall be read accordingly.
Relationship between the European Juggling Association (EJA) and the European Juggling Convention (EJC)
The EJA is an international body run entirely by volunteers to promote juggling across Europe, predominantly by supporting EJC organisers to organise their event. The EJA and EJC 2021 are two independent organisations partnering for the benefit of a successful event.
To support the EJC, the EJA provides a shop infrastructure as well as preregistration coordination support. It merely acts as an intermediary facilitating the purchase. All tickets and other items in relation to the EJC 2021 are ultimately issued by the EJC 2021, even where the EJA may have been the intermediary.
When the in-person EJC in Hanko had to be cancelled, the EJA and EJC team came together to host a virtual EJC – the VEJC. The VEJC organising team is a joint effort between the EJA and EJC, with the main party being the EJA and the EJC team providing the gala show, communications support and design support.
Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions are concerning the event of VEJC 2021, 23.-25.7.2021 and are in cooperation with other agents and venues involved in the event (e. g. Discord). You can obtain other Terms and Conditions from the venue or agent by request from us or them. In the event of inconsistency, partners’ Terms and Conditions prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
- Your possession of a ticket constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The event’s entertainment is provided for general and age specific audiences. Adult appropriate displays are supervised accordingly and children under 16 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (18 or over) at all times. Event performances are generally aligned with conventional watershed hours.
- Children and their actions remain the responsibility of the accompanying parent or guardian. Children should not encroach on performers/performances unless indicated as desired by the performer or compere.
- Where necessary, we reserve the right to make alterations to the published event or programme. Artists and billed attractions are subject to change. Our liability for the cancellation, rescheduling or material change to any event is limited to the refund set out below.
- Please contact us in advance of the event if you have any specific access requirements in relation to the event, otherwise it may not be possible for us to meet your needs. All requests should be addressed to the email@example.com.
Tickets & Goods
- All tickets are personalised and non-transferable. Tickets for the VEJC are free of charge. Where donations have been made, refunds will not be possible.
- Unless explicitly otherwise stated, all purchases through this system will be facilitated by a digital ticket.
- You will need to state a valid email address in order to receive your ticket(s). Each ticket provides a unique QR code and can only be used once. You agree to keep your QR codes safe to avoid fraudulent activity.
- The VEJC reserves the right to accept or reject your order for any reason at any time. It will not do so unreasonably. If the order is rejected but money was paid, you shall be refunded.
- Upon purchase, please check eTickets carefully as mistakes cannot always be rectified after purchase.
- Your ticket may be invalidated if any part of it is removed, altered, defaced or transferred without any prior communication.
- Duplicate tickets may be reissued upon request from the original purchase email address, following additional levels of security clearance.
- If you have obtained a ticket in breach of these terms and/or if you breach any of these terms then it shall be void, and all rights conferred on you or evidenced by such ticket shall be void. If you seek to gain entry to an event using a void ticket we reserve the right to refuse you entry to or eject you from the event and you may be liable to legal action for trespass. Void tickets are non-refundable.
Cancellations by you
- All orders can be cancelled within 14 days after purchase (i. e. the date of money received) without any reason or fee. As all purchases will be completed through digital tickets, no shipping cost occurs.
Material changes to the event by us
- If you have made a payment and if the event is rescheduled or materially changed and you want a refund, you must claim your refund in good time before the rescheduled or materially changed event takes place.
- If an event is cancelled, we will endeavour to refund every person eligible for a refund in line with these Terms and Conditions. In case there is a technical issue (for example, if your payment details have changed) and we cannot contact you (for example, if your email address is not working), you must claim your refund within 3 months from the date of the event. Any tickets remaining unclaimed after this time will be considered generous donations to EJA funds.
- The refund value equals the face value of the tickets purchased plus any associated booking fees. Personal arrangements including travel, subsistence and accommodation relating to the event are at your own risk and we shall not be liable for any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure beyond the ticket price and relevant booking fee.
Transfer of tickets
- You may not offer your ticket as an incentive or prize in a promotion or competition, or otherwise dispose of this ticket for business or commercial gain.
- If you want to transfer your ticket to another person (for example, if you can no longer attend and want to transfer your ticket to a friend) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, copying in the person you would like to transfer your ticket to and follow the instructions you will receive.
- We will not transfer any tickets after the end of 16th of July 2021.
Limitation of Liability
- You agree that we will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including yourself) or property caused (including by us):
- in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by us
- in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence)
- to the extent that any loss or damage results from breach by you of any of these Terms and Conditions.
Access, Security and Eviction
- We reserve the right to refuse you entry to and/or eject you from the event and/or venue in reasonable circumstances including without limitation for health and safety or licensing reasons; if you behave in a manner which has or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other persons at the event; if you use threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms; if you are found in possession of any prohibited item or substance; if in our reasonable opinion you are acting under the influence of excess alcohol intake or drugs; if you fail, when required, to produce proof of identity or age; if you breach these terms; or if your ticket is void.
- In any reasonable circumstances where risks to our crew, volunteers and/or customers are believed present by us, we reserve the right to conduct security searches, and to refuse admission to you, or eject you, from the event and/or venue should you refuse to comply with such security searches. No refunds will be given to you if you are refused entry or ejected due to your own behaviour or that of a child you are responsible for.
- You must comply with any and all instructions given to you by us, venue and/or event staff and stewards, in all situations where we require additional instruction or control, to ensure safety and dignity in all situations for all people.
- We may prosecute you if you cause damage to the venue, the venue infrastructure, or cause harm to any other person at the event and/or venue.
- If before or during the event you have a complaint in relation to the event (including without limitation in relation to your ability to view the event), please contact us or a steward promptly since complaints are very difficult to deal with after the event.
- The VEJC 2021 is produced for the enjoyment of all persons who attend. The licence is granted under strict conditions of public safety, prevention of disorder and prevention of public nuisance. Any person who disrupts the festival under any of the below sections will leave themselves liable for eviction from site. The decision as to the eviction will be at the discretion of the Security Co-ordinator following advice from VEJC 2021 security staff. Persons will be liable for eviction under the following circumstances:
- Entering or being onsite without a ticket or relevant pass/ wristband
- Unacceptable or disruptive behaviour, including but not limited to:
- illegal activity
- breaching the terms and conditions of entry
- offensive behaviour
- throwing hard objects, malevolently, in the direction of people
- encouraging others to behave badly by incitement
- preventing our security or emergency services reacting to a situation
- throwing gas canisters onto fires
- building or fuelling large bonfires
- committing a criminal offence but not arrested by the police
- in possession of unlawful drugs
- unofficially selling alcohol, tobacco, counterfeit or any unauthorised goods
- any other behaviour that leaves the Festival Director open to prosecution or is not conducive to maintaining a safe event
- Having been arrested or cautioned in connection with a criminal offence, pending or post hand over to the police
- If there are any incidents at the event the VEJC 2021 organisers will pass on all details to future EJC organisers.
Audio, Visual or Audio-Visual Recordings
- You shall not use equipment for recording or transmitting (by digital or any other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data inside any venue or at any event, for any personal or financial gain, or without the written permission of the subject, or in breach of any other copyright or external usage restrictions beyond our control or awareness.
- We will not be liable should there be any legal action taken against you for breach of any restricted use of audio, visual or audio-visual recording or transmission from any venue or the event.
- You shall indemnify us should any liability arise from any recording or transmitting (by digital or any other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data from inside any venue or at any event.
- By attending the event, you give your express consent to your actual or simulated likeness to be included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audio-visual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world. This includes filming by the police or security which may be carried out for the security of customers or the prevention of crime.
- The event will be held virtually. You know yourself and your situation best. Please take care of your wellbeing during the event.
- You are your own responsibility, any known medical conditions or requirements may not be met by our first aid team. You are strongly advised to bring all required emergency medical supplies and information you know you may need to avoid serious injury or death, this is inclusive of but not exclusive to conditions such as anaphylaxis, other allergic reactions, osteoporosis, physical or mental ailments or impairments, existing infections, dependency on medication; you shall make contact with us in advance and discuss your personal requirements so we can advise you if we are able or unable to support your needs.
- Warning – Excessive exposure to loud music and looking directly at strong lights may cause damage to your hearing and sight. Please note that pyrotechnics, lasers, smoke machines, strobe lighting or other special effects may take place during some performances
If any questions remain, please contact the EJA at email@example.com.